The President of the Republic of Uganda has, on March 18, 2020, issued a directive that all schools (Pre-Primary, Primary and Secondary), Tertiary Institutions and Universities are to be closed by 12.00 noon Friday, March 20th, 2020 for a period of thirty days as a measure to reduce the chances of the outbreak and spread of the Corona Virus (COVID-19) in Uganda.
The University of the Sacred Heart Gulu (USHG) shall, therefore, be closed in compliance with this Presidential Directive effective Friday, March 20th, 2020 at 12:00 pm.
Please note the following:
1. There shall be no lectures for all classes during the period of closure. This also applies to all academic and outreach training, short courses, and instructional programs.
2. There shall be subsequent readjustments in the USHG academic calendar in the light of the period of closure. The exact date of re-opening shall depend on developments in the COVID-19 pandemic. The University Community shall be notified accordingly.
3. All deadlines for submission of course work, research projects and assignments are extended for the period of closure.
4. University offices shall not be open to the public; arrangements shall be made to ensure that key and critical offices of the University shall remain functional for coordination purposes.
5. Electronic contact for general inquiries can be made to our email: email@example.com and admission related inquiries can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org
6. The University shall continue to provide information and updates to the University community. All students and staff are therefore encouraged and expected to constantly check the University communication platforms especially official emails and social media.
7. Consistent with our previous communication on the coronavirus, University of the Sacred Heart Gulu:
a. Encourages the sharing of information and updates about Corona Virus (COVID-19) while noting that much information in circulation on social media may be useful, but not all are reliable.
b. Encourages all students, staff and University community to be agents of awareness creation and sensitization in their families and in the neighborhood where they live.
c. Encourages a continuous commitment to prayer for a quick end to the pandemic
d. Emphasizes personal hygiene and discipline following the guidelines and protocols advised by the Ministry of Health.
As the world continues to grapple with the coronavirus which has infected people across countries and nations, we urge you to protect yourself and others so as to prevent its possible outbreak and spread in Uganda.
Our health and that of our community is OUR responsibility. Let us take charge of it. Protect yourself and your community from Corona Virus, keeping our motto in focus: Health of Mind, Heart and Body for Integral Development