The Post Graduate Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership (PGDSML) program of the University of the Sacred Heart Gulu (USHG) is a post-graduate level program designed for individuals who wish to broaden their knowledge and understanding of critical management issues and boost their leadership skills. The program endeavors to build the student’s personal skills to enable them to achieve measurable improvement in their contribution to their organizations. In essence, the program prepares managers and leaders to effectively manage resources in institutions, business, government, profit, and non-profit organizations.
The minimum requirements for admission to the Post Graduate Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership program of the University of the Sacred Heart Gulu are: -
1. An Honors degree from an accredited degree-awarding institution
Admission requirements for international applicants:
2. Applicants whose first language or medium of instruction is not English, must provide evidence from a recognized English language training institution that they have sufficient command of the English language.
3. Have documentary evidence of Internship Training indicating disciplines and dates.
4. International applicants should have their documents verified by NCHE.
5. International applicants, should have their degree certificate and transcript translated and converted into an equivalent of Ugandan Universities’ CGPA
CONDUCT OF THE PROGRAM
The Post Graduate Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership program of the University of the Sacred Heart Gulu is a 1-year postgraduate program. The program shall be conducted in class through weekend and evening schedules. The program shall also be conducted through the block release mode using an e-learning blended approach.
Weekday lecture classes shall be conducted in class (face to face) and shall run from Friday at 4:00 pm to 9:00pm, on Saturday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, and on Sunday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Evening programs shall be conducted in class (face to face) and shall run from 5:00 pm to 10:00 pm Monday to Friday, and weekends for practical-based courses.
Block Release mode
The program shall be delivered using the block release mode to allow those students who work to maintain full-time work while undertaking the program. In the block release model, precise block-mode courses shall be offered in designated weeks consistent with the university schedule. Teaching and learning shall be conducted through the University’s e-learning portal which shall enable lecturers and students to use online platforms to deliver lectures, provide for student’s questions, responses, and contributions. The platform shall also make learning materials, quizzes, and assignments accessible to students without necessarily them coming to class. However, all practice-based courses and end-of-semester examinations shall be conducted in class.