The National Council for Higher Education (NCHE) of Uganda has accredited 6 academic programs of the University of the Sacred Heart Gulu. In her letter addressed to the University dated 29th June 2021, the Executive Director of the NCHE, Professor Mary J.N.Okwakol mentioned that "I am pleased to inform you that after due consideration, Council at its 60th Meeting of 1st June 2021 under MIN 400/60/2021, accredited programs indicated below for a period of five(5) years with effect from June 1st. The accredited programs are:-
- Bachelor of Agri-Systems Management (BSM)
- Bachelor of Applied Information Technology (BAIT)
- Bachelor of Counselling Psychology (BCP)
- Bachelor of Information Systems (BIS)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Business Intelligence and Data Analytics (PGD BIA)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership (PGD SML)
The accreditation of these programs means that the University of the Sacred Heart Gulu shall begin offering and awarding both undergraduate and Post-graduate degrees effective next academic year. This is a great milestone for the University that just recently established a new academic unit, the Faculty of Management Science (FAMS) to teach programs in management, business, leadership, and data analytics among others and, to facilitate the practice and application of knowledge to real-life business and management situations/challenges in northern Uganda and the world over. Applications for enrollment to the programs above shall soon be open.